Tweet

Thursday 10 May 2012

When inspirational quotes aren't ridiculous

Oh hey hey. For my very first post on my VERY first blog, I would like to talk about one of my passions... words. Now words can soothe the mind body and soul but sometimes people go into sap overload. Pinterest and Facebook have made it easier than ever for people to share inspiring words that quite honestly sound like utter BS and clog up my feed. Now often they look quite visually appealing - all jazzed up by some fresh design grad- but the message is often petty and irrelevant.  You've seen them all saying "seize the day" or something along the lines of "my ex-bf sucks balls" which ones have you bought into? 


I'll be honest with you... I finally bought into it via Pinterest... Hmmm I feel like I should justify myself now. I am VERY particular as to what quotes I pin. Here's a couple so far:


life goes on.
See this one is clean simple and most importantly...REAL. Not just some typed text on a pretty photo.  
Yep
Hmmm I really do like them simple don't I?


Yes indeed I do like them simple and it seems I like them to be coming from the photo rather than scrawled across it obviously in post-production. Is that called installation?

Found a great quote by C.S Lewis that is relevant to me in the build up to moving to Sydney in June. This isn't an installation (I'm just gonna call it that) but it is a word of hope from one of the greatest writers of all time.

Pinned Image



 I promise you now I will never let this take over my Facebook page!! I don't believe facies is the ideal place for this but to me, Pinterest is less invasive in peoples lives. It's seems to be more of an expression of individuality.

Would love to know of any other "non-shit" ones of these anyone comes across!

No comments:

Post a Comment